Saturday, June 1, 2013

Photo-taking, Crafting, Painting, Oh my!

(congratulations Jack and Kacie)


Over the past week I put my creative cap on and took advantage of some time off. The first photo is of a wedding gift I made for my roommate that got married this past weekend. I wanted to give the happy couple a gift that wasn't on their registry... so a heart-shaped collage of their engagement photos it was! The project was done using iPhoto and Microsoft Word and was printed and framed at home. How easy is that?! The red flamingo/bird was inspired by a similar painting on Elise Blaha's blog. If you haven't read her blog, it's a must! The beak didn't turn out exactly as planed, but overall it was fun getting to use my paint set again. 

"Curiosity about life in all of its 
aspects is the secret of great creative people"  
-Leo Burnet

No comments:

Post a Comment