Saturday, July 27, 2013

After a busy 12 days... I'm back!

What a great way to welcome myself back to this space (after a stressful few days) than by talking about one of my favorite things, yoga.

Now, I wouldn't call myself a true yogi, just the occasional practicer (that's not a word) and that's what I love about yoga. You don't have to be super flexible or amazing at meditation to do it. I find that what I enjoy the most about practice is simply giving myself a bit of time each day to focus on something other than life's distractions. It's a time to breathe, move, and get my blood flowing. What could be better than that?

I have to admit, some yoga classes are pretty intense. I went to a yoga sculpt class once and almost died in the process (same thing happened in hot yoga). That's when I discovered that I don't go to yoga to get a good workout, that's not my purpose. My purpose is to relax and renew. I don't know about you, but my stress tolerance is pretty darn low and yoga is one way to help me cope with that.

I was so excited to find a place, literally 2 seconds away from where I am living, to practice yoga this summer. It's perfect after a long day at work.

One thing I have notice during my short time of practicing yoga is how expensive memberships to studios can be. My tip on this: find a different studio. There are so many of them out there and if you keep searching you'll find one that knows the price of relaxation. Also, I found that the smaller the studio the cheaper. Plus, small/unique studios are a better experience in general and it's where the real yogis go.

Anyway, I could probably keep writing and end up with a novel on this topic. Instead I'll leave you with a little quote that I found on the wall when I went to yoga this morning:


Have a great weekend!
Happy blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment